Sunday, April 25, 2010
We've made some more progress on filling the raised beds. Just a couple more beds until we're done moving dirt! We're also getting much closer to having our fence up. Jeff has everything laid out and is renting a post hole digger tomorrow. I think that everything will look a lot better with the fence up and more well defined lines. Right now, this area of the yard looks like total chaos.
Maybe by next weekend we can plant our fruit trees, currants, honeyberries and raspberries out in the garden where they'll be safe from deer. Right now they are relaxing in the greenhouse, hopefully they're not getting too comfy.
Here is a close-up of our currant. We decided to try out a currant (Black September) based on the advice of an Idaho gardener who has had a lot of luck with them in a similar climate. Right now, it has the most new growth of all of the berry bushes and fruit trees. We may add more to the collection in the future when (and if!) we create a berry patch.